Hilton emailed an interesting offer the other day. I didn’t pay much attention of course until I was short of few points for a redemption.
The offer appeared just after the expiration of the Hilton 80% bonus points purchase which I mentioned here.
This current offers helps you buy points at a 20% discount if you are short when booking a redemption.
It works pretty simple
To save 20% on Points while you book your next reward stay, follow these five easy steps.
- Sign in to your HHonors account
- Click ‘Use HHonors Points’ in the ‘Find a Hotel’ search bar
- Search for the hotel you want
- If the Standard or Premium Reward requires more Points than are in your account, a Point purchase option will appear
- Top off your balance for 20% less and book your reward stay!
Terms & conditions here
The 20% discount is available for purchases made between February 9, 2016, at 12:01am ET and March 8, 2016, at 11:59pm ET.
Here is the link for the website with the offer.
Here is what it looks in reality. The option to buy the points will appear on the last page with the payment.
If I were to buy the 35,000 points I needed via points.com (which handles selling of Hilton points) it would have cost $350.
However because you are buying this with the Hilton offer you get it with 20% discount automatically applied at the cost of $280.
This might not be the most life changing deal ever, however if you had a redemption in mind and you were short by few thousands it is better to top up with 20% discount than at full price.